Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

This week has been the hardest week for me in the mission so far.

I have been to lowest of the lows and it has been consistent throughout this entire week. I wonder why i am going through these trials... As I lay in my bed completely paralyzed with the burdens that I have to do, thoughts race into my mind saying - How am I going to do this? Am i ready to do this? Why am I out here? How can I ever hope to overcome this? Why am I going through this?

With the pondering of these questions, I realized I already have the answers. I just forgot how much I needed hope. Sure, I have faith and charity, but without hope you lose all desire. I'm glad i was taught the importance of hope this week. Without hope, as Moroni put it, there cannot be faith; and without hope and faith, there cannot be charity. Hope is the desire to do all things.

I know God is giving me these trials because he knows that I can handle them. He will make the weak parts of my body (which are many - physically and mentally) strong. I am a rough raggedy stone. Slowly my Maker is carving me and shaping me until I am made smooth. As Elder Holland put it in the talk, "Like a Broken Vessel", he said, "We are all pots with cracks and bruises all over. Slowly and carefully our loving maker is piecing us back together." Because of the Love of God we can do all things.

We got news that one of our less actives fell down and is now in the hospital. Shocked and scared we prayed for him. An overwhelming feeling of peace came over us and we knew that everything would be fine. We told his home teachers. One who had not yet received the Melchizedek Priesthood expressed to me that he was useless, for he could not give him a blessing. I then responded - You are wrong. You are not worthless. You have the love God about you... with that you can do anything! I sure hope he realized how important he really is to God.

On a happier note, we have found our go-to family when we are having a rough day. They are the Marbles. We went over last night and just laughed and giggled. It made me feel like I was back at home.

One last scripture I would like to share with y'all:

Romans 8:35-39

35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



Nothing can separate us from the love of God.


- Elder Anderson

    No comments:

    Post a Comment