Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 15, 2014

Dad, the MTC is so great! I'm loving it and I'm hating it! It's so hard but so fullfilling! I've been made a zone leader over my districts already (second day there). I'm blown away that I was already called to such a high calling! I know the these responsibilities will make me! I miss you and the family so much! Please tell them all I love them!

Dad, promise me you guys will have family prayer from here on out! I have such a testimony now of prayer and kneeling together and praying! Please keep praying for me its hard out here but I love it!

Something also cool is my companion is Elder Fowler and we are so much the same! We both love working out, gym, singing, we both have a great knowledge of the Gospel ... it's so nice to start off with someone like this! My P-days are on thursday so I'll check them once every week! Getting up hasn't been hard for me at all so far. We've been doing really well together! Oh ummm we forgot to pack my work out shorts haha so you guys need to send them to me! I don't have my address to send to you and I can't go get it or else my time will be cut short. I want to use every minute I got with you guys!

Family, this experience is already changing my life. I'm gaining a greater understanding of the Gospel and what I'm called to do. We met with our branch president and told us only 2 callings you get called as an Elder. He said the missionaries and Apostles. That's how important our calling is. We literally represent Jesus Christ. The difference between us was put like this, "we are the smaller A and the apostles are the bigger A because they live this everyday" we are in the Apostles' shoes right now! I'm so ready to go out and serve! I know the gospel but right now the MTC is teaching me patience and the routine!

Working out has been good so far, we kinda have to improvise with what we got. We are making good time for working out. The Lord blesses us if we are obedient.  He somehow figures out how to make time for us to take care of ourselves.

I miss all of you so so much and I want you to know I love all of you so much. Do not fight or have contention between each other. Love each other and serve each other like Christ serves you. I've already had such wonderful experiences and miracles happen. I got sick and I said a prayer and instantly it was gone. Also my pen ran out of ink as I was writing and it was during note taking so I couldn't afford to stop taking notes I said a quick prayer and bam ink flowd through the pen like crazy!!!!!

I got to  teach a Christian man who lost his daughter when she was born and his wife. He felt guilty of loosing his child and he wanted to see them again but didnt bnelieve he could be a good person because he killed his daughter. We told him that it's not his fault she died. She lived for 3 days. I made him read  D&C 137: 8,10. He began to sob and reread it at least 10 times. His life has already changed and so has mine.

My time is running out! I love you all and miss you all! Please write me its hard to keep positive out here. Pray always and on your knees! It shows such humility. You can just feel the love of God. Tell Brooke I found her little note in my journal and it made me cry. I love you all so much.

Sincerly,

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment